Friday Feb 26th Ride: Welcome Back Saipol!



I am 3 minutes down my best time on Sungai Long route, an obvious degradation of fitness. It's something that needs remedy and it's a simple one...Do Not Miss Weekend Ride for this shall be my mantra...

I usually don't prefer to ride on Friday morning should holiday break fall on it but considering the fact that Farizal had given Saipol his word that we'll ride when the chance comes, I just couldn't bail out.

This time around Saipol was the Ride Master for Friday ride(the one who arrange the ride plan and send invites). After a string of well coordinated psychological campaign to lure him back to road,  I think we've nailed it guys, Saipol is back and on fire.... YeeeeHawwww!

The route was Sungai Long and the RV is KJ Perdana clover leaf. I started a bit late as I ran into a little trouble with my rear tire pressure. Darn it!, the RM120 a piece dual compound, Kevlar re-enforced tire still doesn't guarantee you a piece of mind against glass shrapnel scattering along the road shoulders.

Shortly after the technical problem had been sorted out, I hit the road solo through the chilly and cloudy weather to the RV via SILK Highway to meet up with  Syamsul, Farizal and Saipol who had already arrived much earlier.  Zaha couldn't join us as Semenyih had been raining that morning. 

It felt good to have all your bike buddies together from time to time on a ride. It just made the ride more enjoyable. No just the ride but the joke and the F&B joints too. We "sometimes" cycle hard but we eat hard too .....hahaha...

We continued cycling through the 'Big Mac' and parted ways near the Bandar Sungai Long exit. Syamsul and Saipol took the exit while Farizal and I rode through SILK highway until the Cheras Perdana exit and straight to the Roti Canai and Teh 'O' Limau joint.

At the roti canai joint, Farizal asked me about the Putrajaya Critical Mass (PCM) again. It seemed that he was adamant to do the PCM tonight. I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to do it as we had just rode in the morning. PCM is a social ride event and here we don't ride like we usually do. That means no speeding, no breakaway, no boxing...just leisure ride and networking. Those who do not understand this would be sorely disappointed....

I had joined the PCM for a couple of times and personally I found them to be fun, a good way to make new friends and promote cycling as part of healthy lifestyle...

PCM, here we come!


  Ride Master Saipol... shy guy...


Syamsul was all ears...listening to Farizal

 
Farizal briefing something about his cycling outfit theme...

What the heck were they looking at?




Syamsul's standing stance...battling the Big Mac

 
 Anterior attack view....

Hey....I can ride with my eyes closed...can you beat that?

 


 
@ the Roti Canai joint....Farizal enjoying his Teh "O' limau ...

Faizol

No comments: