The Good Catch-up

Image sourced from:
http://www.designofsignage.com/
There wasn't much to talk about last weekend cycling activities. Of course there was this "storm in a tea cup" commotion about my little adventure doing white water rafting at Kuala Kubu Bharu just recently.  I've exaggerated the bit about going out doing all these "extreme" outdoor activities just to spice things up. But that's about it, just a mind game, a tease.  I am still a "roadie" and we still haven't conquered PD!

Last Saturday we went cycling at the Sungai Long and on Sunday we're supposed to ride to Putrajaya. But due to domestic challenge, I had to settle for the CA Arena, the shorter route. At first I thought I was going to cycle solo on the SILK Highway until I bumped into  Zack, Syamsul, Zam, Ah Meng and Azmi who were taking a break at the Bukit Kajang toll plaza.  This came to me as a surprise but I guess they too had domestic problems just like me.

After cracking a few jokes and few good laughs, we continued riding through the Sungai Long route up until the the Bandar Sungai Long exit.  Zack, Syamsul and Azmi took the exit to Sungai Sekamat while Ah Meng, Zam and I took the the usual route taking the Cheras Jaya exit and headed to the Joint.

There was another surprised at the Joint. We met with Romzi who apparently cycled here just to have breakfast. Later Saipol joined us for a drink. We had a good catch-up session. It wasn't that all bad.


Ride Photos:
I love taking ride photos. At first it started as supplements for blog entries. But later on it became something that I really enjoy doing.  I am a fan of Graham Watson, a renowned cycling photographer  that brings some of the best bicycle racing images from all the major pro-racing events from around the world. His photos are lively and captivating. He's works is such an inspiration.

Capturing movement and motion help to emphasize the action that is taking place at that moment during the rides. Another way of telling our ride story. It is fun but its a bit difficult when you're doing it while riding a bike, worst while climbing hills.

Recently I heard grouses about the photos I took during rides were mainly rear views. Firstly, taking pictures while riding a bike is a challenging task. It comes with limited view angles and at the same time one need to be really aware of the terrain, road condition and space. To some point it could be a bit of a risk too.

The Change:
Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not sulking over some petty comments but I see the change that I am about to do will help me to better enjoy the bike ride because, One: I don't have worry about  carrying expensive camera during rides. Two: I can fully enjoy road cycling without having to ride using one hand while climbing or during high speed descends. Hahaha you guys should really try this, at least once just to get the taste of it.

So far I've done 2-3 rides without the camera and the feeling was good. I could really focus my everything on the weekend rides, the bike, route, climbs, the sweet Big Mac's descend and cadence. 

This is it guys, no more ride pictures and videos from this point on.  So if anyone wish to do it differently... please by all mean lead the way. I'd be happy to share the tools and photo account.

The Next Ride:
I think most of CA are still hot on doing the PD ride.  There were some strong suggestion on doing it in a 2 day 1 night basis. Honestly for the longest time, our biggest problem is to many planning and to many cooks. I'd say lets just do it. Plan the route, logistics, pick a week that has public holiday (2nd May looks good)  and ride.

This time around no more "chickening" or risk being called a "chicken" for period of time in which if your birthday happened to fall into, we shall sing to you birthday song with the chicken version.

Or something like this!



Abayo!

Faizol

2 comments:

Epol said...

Owh maaannn! Those photos are beautiful laa. Tak kira la mana2 angle pun. Anyway this is a cycling blog not photography blog. Yang malaun tu sibuk nak komplen ape hal!

Faizol said...

Thank you for the support Epol. At least I know a person who appreciates the photos. Can't please everybody all the time.

All these comments about why take the "back" pictures la, this and that...really when you heard them repeatedly over time, one can get bored too.

I didn't do this for recognition or what not. It's just to share the interest and ride experience.

Like I said, I'm sot sulking over some petty comments but if this is the way the work is being appreciated then why bother, I might as well just enjoy the ride.