Back on the Bike

Sunny Saturday Morning
It has been a while since the last blog entry with ride photos. To be honest I feel really awkward writing the blog without them. Maybe I'll snap something just to add some juice so that the entry is not too dry if you know what't I'm saying.

I've been on cycling hiatus mode again these few weeks and only started riding my bike again last Saturday. Its hard to keep up with domestic challenges but at the same time it got me worried as I realized my body started to feel very comfortable with the situation. Weekends without workout starting to feel really good.

Last Saturday I decided to ride my bike via what used to be our routine route, the dragon backs of Kajang Perdana via Saujana Impian.  The traffic was rather busy but I really enjoyed the ride. The only setback was the road conditions after Kajang Prima heading towards Semenyih, dusty and loads of sands on the road edges.  And yes, not to mention, loads of sand trucks too.

For me the toughest hill was the last point before the Sungai Long Exit near the Kajang Perdana clover leaf. I really enjoyed the climb at the spot that used to be one of the route's worst point. As I was descending via the Sungai Long exit, I saw Zaha and the rest waiting at our usual spot near the clover leaf. They were surprised to see me coming from the end of the road. After a brief break we continued out ride through the CA arena.

The 4 weeks hiatus period has taken its toll on me. I struggled to climb the hills. So it's back to rebuilding cadence and endurance again. It's a good start nonetheless.

Abayo.

Faizol

3 comments:

LBJ said...

I have been bike commuting in an effort to make my workouts regular (like 5 days/week) - since I live a long way from work, it's so easy for me to justify just hopping on the bus for the whole trip, but I got a Montague folding bike so that I can take the bike right on the bus, and get off and ride for the last 5 miles or so. Funny thing is, I'm actually faster on the bike than the bus is. Once I get more used to riding, I'll have to try extending from 5 miles to 10...maybe cutting out the buss altogether?

Faizol said...

Thanks for sharing LBJ. I hope you're not a spam. Just being cautions here.

sero said...

all spammer must die!....heh